A guest post from Jessica Wiener highlighting a collection of fun Jewish bumper stickers . (I edited her original post, to fit Kibitz Spot):
Traditional Jewish bumper stickers include Jewish religious symbols such as:
- A waving flag of Israel.
- The Star of David.
- A menorah.
Other Jewish bumper stickers are phrases in Hebrew. Some are funny, some are serious and some are puns using Hebrew words that sound like English words. Here are several.
- Oy Vey Iz Mir
- This bumper sticker is 100% kosher.
- Never Buy Gribinis From A Moyel.
- Gefilte fish.
- •Schvitz Happens.
- Got Oy?
- Shalom, ya’all.
- The Ten Commandments are not multiple choice.
- Another Jewish bumper sticker shows the flag of Israel with the words, “The other Lone Star State.”
- What business is a yenta in? Yours.
- Everyone loves a Jewish boy.
- Everyone loves a Jewish girl.
- Property of a nice, Jewish boy.
- Member of the Tribe.
- Oy Friggin’ Vey!
- The Sabbath. The rest is up to you.
- Pray for the Shalom in Israel.
- Honk if you celebrate Hanukah.
Here are some famous Jewish jokes that might fit on a bumper sticker. Online sites like CafePress and Print360 can print them for you.
- Milton Berle once said, “Anytime a person goes into a delicatessen and orders a pastrami on white bread, somewhere a Jew dies.”
- Henny Youngman, the king of the one-liners, said “I once wanted to become an atheist but I gave up . . . they have no holidays.”
- He also said, “Why do Jewish husbands die before their wives? They want to.” Another of his lines was “Why do Jewish divorces cost so much? They’re worth it.”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I am traveling around the world. Follow Laugh Quotes (my other blog) to keep up with our 250 day adventure: