An electric menorah can either be an addition or a substitute to a traditional candle or oil-lit menorahs. Is it stepping away from tradition or the perfect menorah to put in the window without risking burning down the house?
Can LEDs count our eight-day celebration rather than the flames? Or, will you light both, the flame burning indoors for the family, the electric menorah shining brightly in the window?
If you convert to an electric menorah only, you get the bonus of easy holiday cleanup. Simply say your blessing, turn on the appropriate lights, enjoy family time, and turn them off when finished.
Advantages of an electric menorah:
- No more sulfur and smoke smell as the match burns out and candles die down.
- No need to purchase a new box of candles each year.
- Children can safely light the candles.
- It eliminates fire safety issues, especially if you have curious pets, draperies, or any style of fabric window treatments.
- You will never have to skip a night because you don’t have a match, or your lighter ran out.
- When placed in the window, the breeze won’t blow out the candles.
- And the big one: No more scraping the wax out of each candle holder.
Please share and save for later
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on social media and save it for later on Pinterest.
More on Hanukkah at Kibitz Spot: