An electric menorah can either be an addition or a substitute to traditional candle or oil lit menorahs. Is it stepping away from tradition, or the perfect menorah to put in the window without risking burning down the house?
Can LEDs count our eight-day celebration, rather than the flames? Or, will you light both, the flame burning indoors for the family, the electric menorah shining brightly in the window?
If you convert to electric menorah only, you get the bonus of easy holiday clean up. Simply say your blessing, turn on the appropriate lights, enjoy the family time, and turn them off when finished.
My Favorite Electric Menorah
Electric menorahs come in all sorts of styles, ranging from traditional to modern. Personally, if I as deviating from the norm, than I want it to be very different. I love this modern look with the gold accents. Plus, the flickering lights remind me of flames.
More electric menorah styles
Advantages of an electric menorah:
- No more sulphur and smoke smell as the match burns out and candles die down.
- No need to purchase a new box of candles each year.
- Children can safely light the candles.
- It eliminates fire safety issues, especially if you have curious pets, draperies, or any style of fabric window treatments.
- You will never have to skip a night because you don’t have a match, or your lighter ran out.
- When placed in the window the breeze won’t blow out the candles.
- And the big one: No more scraping the wax out of each candle holder.
Check out this electric menorah by Rite Lite
Available in a variety of colors and different features, it is simple and easy. Each has the Star of David supporting the shamash (helper light)