It’s a cake and a pie. This is how my sister describes her latest sweet and delicious kitchen creation. Or, more specifically, it’s a melt in your mouth gluten-free pumpkin pie cake infused with the sweet-spicy smoothness of pumpkin pie filling in every bite.
“It doesn’t get much better than having cake and pumpkin pie in the same dessert.”
Ah, but it does. She went on to add optional ingredients. While the pumpkin pie cake was great as is, it could be even better. If you’re a chocoholic, you will want to add the optional chocolate chips, like in the half of the cake that she made for me in the image just below. She also added walnuts to give it a slight savory nutty flavor.
This pumpkin pie cake ticks all of the boxes
What you need to make a gluten-free pumpkin cake
Gluten-free pumpkin cake ingredients:
- Pumpkin pie filling
- King Arthur gluten-free muffin mix
- Evaporated milk
- Walnuts (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
My sister’s gluten-free pumpkin pie cake recipe
This easy pumpkin cake recipe was contributed by Stefanie Rembiszewki, the talented violinist behind Classical Aisles (when she’s not busy baking).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 30 ounce can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 box King Arthur gluten free muffin mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Walnuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, beat 2 eggs (put the other two aside for use at step 7).
- Add ½ can of pumpkin pie filling and ⅔ cup evaporated milk. (Optional: Add a little pumpkin pie spice to the batter, see notes below for detail).
- Fold in the muffin mix (use entire contents).
- Optional: Add in walnuts and/or choc chips.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan and spread evenly.
- Reusing the mixing bowl, lightly beat the 2 remaining eggs.
- Mix in remaining ½ can pumpkin pie filling and ⅓ cup evaporated milk.
- Spread over cake batter.
- Bake approximately 40-50 minutes at 350°F.
Occasionally, we add a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice to our batter to give it an extra spicy flavor. If we don't have the pre-mix pumpkin pie spice, we use cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and/or cloves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 small slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
This is the perfect dessert or afternoon snack. Any time you would eat a slice of pie or a piece of cake is the ideal time for a slice of gluten-free pumpkin cake.
It’s great with a glass of cold milk. If you prefer a hot drink, try it alongside a turmeric latte, as the spices in the drink complement those in the cake.
More gluten-free pumpkin spice cake and muffin recipes to try
- If you are seeking a quick gluten-free mug cake, check out this one from Everyday Maven that is ready in three minutes, and even has a dairy-free option.
- Here’s a gluten-free pumpkin spice cake with a lactose-free option from The Soccermom’s Blog.
- How about some delicious paleo pumpkin muffins that are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and grain-free? Check out this recipe from A Sweet Alternative.
- I just couldn’t leave off this gluten-free vegan chocolate pumpkin pie from Delightful Adventures.
Do you like to kibitz about recipes or other Jewish fun? Join us at our new Kibitz Spot Facebook group
Please share and save for later
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on social media and save it for later on Pinterest.
Will you try my sister’s gluten-free pumpkin cake?
More gluten-free recipes you might like: